Mechanical Field Engineer
The mechanical field engineer will lead a team of 2 – 4 technicians which will do trouble shooting and maintenance of complex door systems such as airport exit lane breach control systems or custom designed specialty doors.
Knowledge / Technical Skills Required:
- Knowledge of fundamental mechanical design
- SolidWorks and AutoCAD experience to include 2D and 3D product design and modeling, CAD drawings/documentation (component and assembly), product structure/BOM’s
- Experience in Microsoft Office applications including, Word, Excel, Access, Outlook and PowerPoint
- Experienced with mechanical test equipment
- Knowledge of the principles and techniques of basic electric power, electronics, and electro-mechanical assemblies.
- Experienced with standard electronic and electrical test equipment and bench tools.
- Ability to analyze wiring diagrams.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
The mechanical design engineer reports to the Director of Engineering and works with the engineering team and with various international subsidiaries to:
- Lead the team of service technicians in California
- Manage client service requests and planned maintenance
- Insure the quality of service on site and provide ongoing training to the technicians and verify that the national codes and standards are applied.
- Communicate with the design engineers at the headquarters and overseas in order to understand the service and maintenance needs.
- Enhance product documentation for the service technicians where needed.
- Troubleshoot complex problems at the customer’s location and provide feedback to the design team.
- Participate with his team on occasional installations of specialty doors.
- BSME or equivalent required
- Minimum 2 years of experience in Mechanical Design Engineering or related field
- Must possess a “hands-on” mentality, must have excellent social and interpersonal skills, be a strong, motivated team leader and have the ability and willingness to work in the field and communicate with the customer.
- Must have a sense of ownership and commitment to solve onsite problems to completion. Must be able to work well within the cooperative culture of record-usa, Inc.
- Ability to travel.