Electronic Technician for Field Service
Working in a small team the technician will do trouble shooting and maintenance of complex door systems such as airport exit lane breach control systems or custom designed specialty doors. This includes diagnosing and isolating electronic and mechanical problems of door operators as well the repairing by replacement of electronic components, motors, controls and gears. Further on the technician may join our install team on customer sites for the installation of specialty doors.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- High School or equivalent, with additional specialized courses in electronic or mechanic.
- 2-3 years’ experience in troubleshooting electronic and mechanical components.
- Knowledge of the principles and techniques of basic electric power, electronics, and electro-mechanical assemblies.
- Ability to use standard electronic and electrical test equipment and bench tools.
- Ability to analyze wiring diagrams.
- Ability and knowledge with basic power tools (drill press, saw etc.)
- Ability to use programming tools.
- Ability to lift 60 pounds.
- Familiar with Microsoft office tools.
- Maintains a safe working environment.
- Must possess a “hands-on” mentality, must have excellent social and interpersonal skills, be a strong, motivated contributor in a team environment but has also the ability to work independent.
- Must have a sense of ownership and commitment. Must be able to take direction and guidance and work well within the cooperative culture of record-usa, Inc.
- Ability to travel.